View Article

27

The Water and Sewage Company has failed to lock down a contractor for a vital water project.

During a press conference on Wednesday officials from WASCO announced that the company could not come to an agreement with a bidder to de-silt the John Compton Dam.  

Managing director for WASCO Mr.Vincent Hippolyte says out of 6 bidders only 2 prequalified and one bidder pulled out. WASCO had been negotiating with the final bidder for almost a month.

Mr.Hippolyte says WASCO will reevaluate bidders prequalification in the hopes of attracting more contractors.

Mr.Hippolyte says there is always a risk that an offer can be rejected during the course of negotiations.

The Dam rehabilitation project is being funded by the Caribbean Development Bank.
Actions: E-mail | Permalink |

Post Rating

© 2018 by RCI St. Lucia   |   Login