View Article

06

One family of eight is now homeless after a fire gutted through their Hospital Road home in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Home owner, and father of six, Vaughn Cadet says the fire apparently started in the neighbours house around 1am.

He says a distress call placed to the Fire Service did little to quell the blaze and save nearby homes. According to Cadet, the water supply in the fire appliance used to respond to the fire was insufficient to deal with the fire.

He says upon realizing that the fire would spread he grabbed his family and took them to safety but was unable to save any of the family’s belongings.

Meanwhile eyewitnesses to Saturday’s fire complained about the lack of water in the fire appliance as fire fighters responded to the emergency.

It is not the first time that such concerns are raised about the lack of preparedness for such emergencies by the fire service. Efforts to reach the department for comment on the latest allegation against the fire service were unsuccessful.

Actions: E-mail | Permalink |

Post Rating

© 2018 by RCI St. Lucia   |   Login